Colchester Town Public Space Protection Order
The Borough Council has introduced a Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) within the Town of Colchester
- Persons urinating and defecating in places open to the air
- Person taking intoxicating substances in places open to the air
- Persons being intoxicated and causing annoyance and a nuisance
- Persons begging for money and other items
- Persons being intimidating, verbally abusive, blocking access, aggressively shouting, swearing and fighting
- Skateboards, scooters and other wheeled vehicles being used in pedestrian areas so as to cause nuisance and annoyance
- The stationing of advertising boards or other structures being used as such causing obstruction
- Any person urinating or defaecating anywhere other than a toilet nor deposit any human bodily fluids / excrement anywhere open to the air
- Any person in possession of an open vessel(s) of alcohol / intoxicating liquor in a public place
- Any person being as a result of intoxication by ingesting alcohol or drugs be in a condition as to be considered by a constable, any other member of the emergency services or health services or an authorised person behaving in a manner that causes or is likely to cause intimidation, harassment, alarm, distress, nuisance or annoyance to any person.
- Any person sitting or loitering on the highway or any pedestrian area of the Restricted Area demanding or begging or perceived to be begging by an authorised person for money or any other item, whether placing any item before them for receipt of money or otherwise.
- Any person fly-posting (including the unlawful affixing of any placard, notice or sign to street furniture) or any person permitting and / or benefitting from such flyposting
- Any person using a Skateboard, Bicycle, scooter, skates or any other self-propelled wheeled vehicle in such a manner as to cause damage to property or that causes or is likely to cause intimidation, harassment, alarm, distress, nuisance or annoyance to any person
- The stationing of advertising boards or other structures being used as such within the Restricted Area