Consultation Begins on East Bay and the Moors Public Space Protection Order
The Borough Council intends to extend this order. Any representations relating to the extension should be directed to Safer.Colchester@colchester.gov.uk.
The public is invited to submit its views on proposals to enforce an extension and variation to the existing Public Space Protection Order (PSPO) at the area East Bay and the Moors designated by Colchester Borough Council.
- Persons gathering to consume alcohol, use drugs, defecating and urinating
- Wilful damage to property within the proposed restricted areas.
- Persons have been using land for the unauthorised camping and human habitation.
- Persons have caused alarm and distress to other persons in the locality by recklessly lighting fires, swearing and shouting and being under the influence of alcohol or other substances
- Any person using the restricted areas for unauthorised camping or human habitation
- Any person behaving in a manner that is likely to result in any member of the public being intimidated, harassed, alarmed or distressed.