- 05All day05/11/18
Bonfire night is full of fun and excitement but it is also the night of the year which creates the most risk of fire. By following a few simple safety tips you can make sure that you have a safe and enjoyable evening.
Always follow the fireworks code and you won’t go too far wrong:
The Firework Code
• Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114.
• Don’t drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
• Keep fireworks in a closed non-flammable box.
• Follow the instructions on each firework.
• Light them at arm’s length, using a taper.
• Stand well back.
• Never go near a firework that has been lit. Even if it hasn’t gone off, it could still explode.
• Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
• Always supervise children around fireworks.
• Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
• Never give sparklers to a child under five.
• Keep pets indoors.
• Don’t set off noisy fireworks late at night and never after 11pm.
- 12All day12/11/18-16/11/18
The Anti-Bullying Alliance definition of bullying is: "the repetitive, intentional hurting of one person or group by another person or group, where the relationship involves an imbalance of power. It can happen face to face or online"
Bullying behaviour can be:
Physical – pushing, poking, kicking, hitting, biting, pinching etc.
Verbal - name calling, sarcasm, spreading rumours, threats, teasing, belittling.
Emotional – isolating others, tormenting, hiding books, threatening gestures, ridicule, humiliation, intimidating, excluding, manipulation and coercion.
Sexual – unwanted physical contact, inappropriate touching, abusive comments, homophobic abuse, exposure to inappropriate films etc.
Online /cyber – posting on social media, sharing photos, sending nasty text messages, social exclusion
Indirect - Can include the exploitation of individuals.
- 1911:30 -13:0019/11/18St Margaret’s Church, Stansted Road, Colchester CO2 8RA, UKNo additional details for this event.
- 25All day25/11/18-24/11/19
White Ribbon UK was founded in 2007.
To wear a White Ribbon is to pledge never to commit, excuse or remain silent about male violence. The message to men is to practice tolerance, respect and kindness, and to stand up against male violence, bullying and sexism in all forms.