Reporting Domestic Abuse

Domestic abuse or violence is a crime and should be reported to the Police.

If it is an emergency, dial 999. 

Domestic Abuse can also be reported to Essex Police in the following ways:

  • Domestic Abuse Central Referral Unit (CRU): 101 (extension 180340)

  • Dedicated domestic abuse non-emergency number: 0800 358 0351

  • Non-emergency number: 101

  • Call in at your local police station


If you are experiencing or witnessing domestic abuse, or you know a friend, family member or work colleague who may be experiencing it, support is available from other organisations:

  • Women’s National Advice Line: 0808 2000 247
  • Men’s National Advice Line: 0808 8010 327
  • Forced Marriage Unit: 020 7008 0151


Remember, ignoring abuse is dangerous.